Description: The Personal Care Assistant provides assistance with activities of daily living and certain hands on care such as personal hygiene care. Assistance with reminders to take medications, lift transfers, ROM, and ambulatory needs. A higher level care giver such as a CNA may be responsible for physical and occupational therapy as well activities. The Personal Care Assistant provides companionship tasks such as: accompanying a client to appointments, tasks related to the maintenance of a healthy and stable living environment, laundry, light housekeeping, and other similar activities of daily living.
Responsibilities: • Assist patients with personal care including bathing, oral hygiene, shaving, dressing, activities as needed, and the preparation and feeding of meals, • Performs duties as assigned in an accurate and timely manner with professionalism and a happy attitude at all times.. • Maintains confidentiality. Knows and understands the CA HIPAA laws. • Safeguards the patient by observing appropriate infection control procedures. • Notifies the office of any abnormal findings or conditions and maintains client/patient charting.. • Adheres to the standards, policies and procedures of the company. • Arrives at the client’s home on time and leaves when shift schedule is complete. • Represents the company with a positive and professional image at all times. • Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of all clients. • Effectively communicates with the office staff, including availability to work. • Adheres to time and attendance policies. • Performs other Personal Care Assistant duties as assigned or necessary.
• CNA's will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to follow directions in performing physical and occupational therapy.
Minimum Requirements: • For CNA's: Certification through California as a CNA. Your certification must be showing on the California State Site and must be in good standing.
• For In-Home Health Care Attendants: One year of experience within the last three years providing “hands-on” personal care with references. • State Personal Care Assistant licensure or certification is a plus for CNA's applying at a higher level. • Ability to adhere to time and attendance policies. • Ability to carry out tasks in a professional manner and adhere to policies regarding professionalism and boundaries. • Must demonstrate a compassionate nature and possess strong people skills. • Ability to effectively elicit and provide information to and from appropriate individuals including but not limited to supervisors, co-workers and clients.
• Computer proficiency strongly encouraged to be able to maintain electronic charting notes and records.
• English language is required.
• Adhering to, knowing and understanding the California HIPAA laws is required.
• Must be able to pass complete background and fingerprinting checks; drug testing, and submit a DMV record in good standing.
Benefits: • Very competitive pay & weekly paychecks • Continuous professional and clinical training • Awards and recognition programs *Medical benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Shifts Available: Week Day Shifts Available (Mon-Fri): Days, Evenings & Grave Yard Weekend Shifts Available (Sat/Sun): Days, Evenings & Grave Yard
Lassen Plumas In-Home Health & Medical Staffing Services is a provider of In-Home Healthcare staff, and Medical Assistance related staffing. We do not staff LVN's, or RN's at this time. Our commitment to customer service will pave the way for many rewarding career opportunities in Lassen & Plumas Counties Healthcare Industry. Lassen Plumas In-Home Health & Medical Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer as long as a person is able to do the job required.
Post Date: 3/12/2017
Recruiter's Name: Vicky Scott Recruiter's Title: Owner Recruiter's Email: LassenPlumasInHomeHealth@gmail.com